Welcome to SEO With Menekse
What If You Are The Best Person To Do SEO For Your Business? Yes, You.
Search engines run the internet.
Without them, we would have no way of finding any of the things we want or need online.
And if you have a website or online business, you are using and relying on them every single day – whether consciously or not.
Whether it’s Google (and other search engines), Pinterest, YouTube, marketplaces, or your website’s own search function, search is at the heart of helping potential customers find your products and services.
You can either do search badly, or you can do it well. Either way, search marketing is part of your business – it’s just part of how the internet works.
Intrigued? Read on, my friend!
What Is SEO And Why Should You Care?
I love an analogy, and there are two favorites that typically help people get really excited about the why of SEO – because when you know the why, consistent action becomes a whole lot easier! I hinted at these earlier, but here’s a more detailed explanation…
SEO Is Housekeeping For The Digital High Street
A.k.a. vital chores for your online store
Imagine having a physical shop or office space where you welcomed customers and clients.
You’d have to think about rental contracts, utilities and tax, as well as interior design and visual merchandising, not forgetting window cleaning, vacuuming, emptying bins, and changing lightbulbs.
SEO is the digital equivalent of these things: Making sure your online presence is clean and tidy, and welcoming to visitors.
SEO Is Like Putting Your Books In A Virtual Library
And if they’re not clearly labelled, the librarian’s gonna ignore them
Now, imagine that you’ve got a big box of books to donate to your local library. But plot twist: all the covers are brown paper.
The librarian has no idea what they are or where to put them, so she puts the box in a back room for when she has time to come back and look properly.
If we ignore SEO, it’s like giving Google a box of brown paper books.
Introducing SEO With Menekse
A 12-week live program to help you make Google go googly-eyed for your website.
For 12 weeks, you’ll get new tutorials that are broken down into actionable steps. You can listen to them via video or on the go via audio with the SEO with Menekse programme podcast. There’s a little break in the middle to give you space to catch up!
Live Coaching and Support
Each week for 14 weeks (12 weeks of tutorials + 2 weeks of break) you can join me on Zoom and Voxer for live Q&A, feedback, and support. Plus, you have access to the SEO with Menekse Slack channel for 12+ months so you can pop your questions in there whenever you need!
For every tutorial, there are checklists and templates that will help you take action without feeling overwhelmed. And because you have access to these forever, you can refer back to them any time you need them!
The SEO With Menekse Program Leads You Through A 3-part Approach To Optimizing Your Website
Part 1: Your Customer
In order to build a website that Google loves, we need to make sure we understand exactly who our customers are and how what we have to offer relates to them and what they’re looking for.
Understanding their needs, how they’re searching for those needs, and what their experience looks like as they engage with your website and the wider web helps us to build a high quality, engaging website.
The plus side to this foundational work? It makes all your other marketing way easier, too!
Part 2: Your Brand & Website
Now that we know who our customers are and what they’re searching for, it’s time to review how your brand and website are communicating that.
What do you do? How do you talk about it? What actions do you want people to take?
What’s working on your website? What needs to be fixed or improved?
How is your website structured? How does it need to be structured? What content have you got? What content do you need?
Part 3: Search Engine Optimisation
Now we’ve got information about our customers and our brand, and we understand where we are right now and where we need to be, it’s time to tackle improving our websites!
In SEO, this is broken down into three parts:
- Technical Optimisation: Making sure your website performs well on things like speed, security, and URLs working properly.
- On Page Optimisation: Making sure your website content and structure reflect your expertise using keywords and internal links.
- Off Page Optimisation: Making sure your brand appears on the wider web as a trusted source of value and expertise.
What’s included in SEO with Menekse?
Our Live SEO Program Begins On Monday 17 January, And Includes…
- A personalized SEO folder prepared for you containing everything you need to get stuck into the programme with confidence.
- 12 weeks of tutorials: Actionable tutorials for each week will be released on a Monday at 9am UK / 4am ET in both video and audio formats, so you can watch or listen to them at your convenience throughout the week.
- Weekly feedback sessions for real-time support & troubleshooting: Got a question or something you’d like feedback on? These live sessions each Tuesday at 7pm UK / 2pm ET are interactive and provide you with plenty of time to ask questions and get support.
- Weekly office hour sessions where you can drop in for 1-1 support: Drop in and ask me questions on Voxer each Thursday from 12pm UK / 7am ET through to 9pm UK / 4pm ET.
- Access to private members’ area on Slack for a minimum of 12 months: Got questions in between feedback sessions and office hours? Put them in Slack at any time, and I can reply to you there!
- Detailed strategy maps, templates, and checklists for your website, SEO, and content marketing so you’re clear on exactly what you need to do at every stage.
- Lifetime access to the course material, so you can go watch and rewatch any time!
Plus, Once We’ve Finished The Live Program, You’ll Get Access To…
- 12 months of SEO to do lists to help you maintain momentum when we’ve finished.
- Blogging for SEO, giving you a strategic breakdown of what blogging is, how it grows your business, how to decide on content & make a search-friendly plan, and templates and checklists for your blogging workflow and content distribution.
- SEO for Pinterest, showing you how to generate traffic from Pinterest – which is an image-based search engine driven by keywords, so you can get the most out of your keyword research and pin your newly optimised web pages to get visitors clicking through to your website from Pinterest.
- Product Descriptions 101, showing you how to write search-friendly product descriptions with confidence.
Hey, I’m Menekse!
I’m a SEO specialist and marketing strategist with over 15 years’ experience working in Search Engine Optimisation and organic traffic.
Based in London, I’ve worked with clients all over Europe and North America in a variety of industries. I’ve also been the Senior SEO Lead for a number of marketing agencies, consulting on projects for businesses large and small, as well as designing marketing development programmes and training.
In the past six years, I’ve set up a marketplace that serves over 200 artists and designers around the UK, and thousands of its monthly revenue from organic traffic, and have acted as freelance Chief Marketing Officer for a handful of 7- and 8-figure North American entrepreneurs.
Over the last 18 months, I’ve taught SEO for businesses and organisations including The Design Trust, Amanda Perry’s E-Com Growth Hub, Connected Artists’ Club by Alice Sheridan, and the Resilient Retail Summit. I’m a regular lecturer in SEO, marketing strategy, and email marketing for University of the Arts London and ELLE Education.